You are here
NSF REU Summer Fellow Opportunity
The NSF Spatiotemporal Innovation Center (STC) is looking for 4 - 6 undergraduate research assistants to serve as NSF REU Summer Fellows in 2018. They will work for 7 weeks from June to August 2018 at George Mason University Site (Fairfax, VA), Harvard University site (Cambridge, MA), or University of California, Santa Barbara site (Santa Barbara, CA).
This opportunity is supported by the National Science Foundation (NSF) I/UCRC and Research Experiences for Undergraduates (REU) Programs which enable undergraduate students to obtain research experience and consider a career path in spatiotemporal domains (e.g., GIS, CS, Geosciences, etc.). NSF REU Student interns will work in a team with graduate students, postdocs, and faculty at one of the three center sites and will conduct research related to spatiotemporal issues. NSF fellows also have the opportunity to attend a professional conference to present their research results. Students may participate in various projects.
To know more about the center, please visit http://www.stcenter.net. Please refer to the "Projects" tab on this website for the brief introduction of the undergoing projects.
- Applicants must be undergraduate
- U.S. citizen or permanent resident status is required
- Applicants should be able to work as NSF fellows for 7 weeks. Starting date is flexible.
- NSF REU fellows will receive stipend and reimbursement for travel to a conference.
- Applications from underrepresented groups are encouraged.
A complete application includes:
- A CV
- One page double spaced statement of interest.
- Contacts (email and phone #) of two references.
Application Deadline: Review of application will begin on March 20, 2018 and end until the position is filled up. Submit your application at: http://stcenter.net/stc/REU2018.
For more information about the NSF REU Fellow Opportunity contact Manzhu Yu (email@example.com).