You are here
CGA Newsletter February 2018 PDF (Download)
- Supreme Court Declines to Hear Gerrymandering Case
- GIS Colloquium: Missing Unit Problem in Population Health
- Drone Imagery in ArcGIS: ESRI Workshop (Feb 23rd)
- Fisher Prize and EDC 2018 Applications Are Open
- Recent Publications by CGA Associates
- Conferences, Call for papers, Jobs
- Military bases revealed by STRAVA tracking devices
- Global Population Estimator (2015 data) from SEDAC
- Mapping the Sanchi oil spill off the coast of China
- More ...
In a case with national significance, the Supreme Court has denied a request to delay a recent Pennsylvania Supreme Court decision. In that decision, is was found that state's Congressional map was unconstitutional and gerrymandered .
Drone Imagery in ArcGIS, a one-time Workshop will be held 1pm-5pm on February 23rd, 2018. Cody Benkelman, Technical Product Manager for Imagery at ESRI will lead the workshop and answer your questions. For more information and to Register pleasevisit the workshop webpage
GIS Colloquium, Mar 15th, 2018: Missing Unit Problem in Population Health (and Social Science) Research Presenters: Rockli Kim, and S. V. Subramanian details and abstract
Read more about applying for both prizes.
CGA ASSOCIATE PUBLICATIONS
HARVARD GIS COMMUNITY NEWS
"Diabetes and Hypertension in India: A Nationally Representative Study of 1.3 Million Adults".
Authors: Pascal Geldsetzer (Chan Harvard School of Public Health), Manne-Goehler J, Theilmann M, Davies JI, Awasthi A, Vollmer S, Jaacks LM, Bärnighausen T, Atun R
Published by: JAMA Internal Medicine (January 2018) link to article
CONFERENCES, CALLS & JOBS
Call for Papers: Digital Humanities Benelux (6-8 Jun 2018) Amsterdam Deadline for abstracts: 15th Feb 2018 Read more
Call for Papers: Spatial Humanities Conference (20-21 Sep 2018) Lancaster, UK Deadline for abstracts: 28th Feb 2018 Read more
Job: Planning Database Analyst Internship City of Cambridge [ Closing Date Sunday, February 25, 2018 ] Read more
Job: Spatial Data Architect Smith College, Northampton, MA [ Closing Date: Mar 30, 2018 ] Read more
Internship: GIS and CAD Editor Harvard Planning and Project Management. For more information: please contact Parvaneh Kossari
- Military bases revealed by STRAVA tracking devices (Washington Post)
- Global Population Estimator (SEDAC Gridded Pop of the World, V4, 2015 data)
- Mapping the Sanchi oil spill off the coast of China. [Chemical & Engineering News]
- How to use Client Side Hillshading [MapBox]
- Predominant Income Range by Household [ESRI]
- Bears Ears National Monument Boundaries
- ICEYE synthetic aperture radar sensor begins transmitting imagery.
- US Mexico Border Orthophoto Map Series, Index to Library of Congress Sheets
The CGA Newsletter is published monthly. Editor of this issue: Lex Berman.
This newsletter passes on news items and information about new web maps or uses of GIS that come to the CGA's attention from various sources. These are provided for informational purposes only. The CGA does not endorse these items and makes no representations about their accuracy, completeness or quality. Â© Present & Fellows Harvard University. All Rights Reserved.